Well. It done. I have submitted a “yes” to the appartment I looked at yesterday. So now there is but to wait and see. I am 6th on the list for it. So if the five people ahead of me turn it down or say yes to other appartments then I will get it. I wish I knew exactly how big my chances are. But they aren’t bad at least. Monday is the last day for replies, so presumably I should find out soon after. Tuesday maybe? Or is that too optimistic? I don’t know. I just want to know now!
Crawly critters in my tummy.
If I should happen to get it then I can move in August 1st. Today is July 1st. This could be my last month living at home.
But let’s not get too excited. I might not get it after all.
It’s is still a big step, though. I have actually said yes to an appartment, I have made my intentions clear. I am moving out, it is going to happen. Sooner or later. It feels more.. “solid”. Previously I was “theoretically” looking for a place. I could always turn them down. There was nothing definite. Now it is definite. Not definite that I’ll get it, but definite I want it.
Stop saying “definite”, Plume.
My mother wasn’t too happy about it really, she thinks I should definitely wait for something better to come along. But I just really, really feel like I need to get away from here now. Get out on my own. It is time. And I’d rather not wait 6 months to a year. I’ll stay on the waiting list for some of the better places even if I get this. No one says my first appartment has to be my last.
Thank you for the advices Luis Lemmings and Debster.
Y’all better start saving up for a trip to Denmark, I shall throw a house warming party and everyone is invited, with or without goats. Or in Mads, Magnethe and Vanilje’s case, with or without humans.
Cross your fingers (or hooves).